Visit the Deer Park in Harbor Springs
Not many cities can boast of their own deer park. Harbor Springs can. Located in the city government complex off Zoll Street is this wonderful family spot. This fenced area is the home to several deer who are used to people coming up the fence to talk to them. So visit them!
The very large, fenced in area has trees, shade, grass, and a feeding station. There is space for the deer to run and romp. Pull into the parking lot nearby and watch the deer lift their heads to see what you are up to.
The Harbor Springs Deer Park is maintained by the city. The State Department of Natural Resources inspects the facility. The deer are tagged and they are protected by a 10 foot fence.
The Harbor Springs Deer Park is a great spot for families. Seeing the deer up close and watching them in their comfortable habitat is a family treat and a true Northern Michigan experience.
To visit the Deer Park, drive into Harbor Springs on M-119 and make a left at the first street at the bottom of the Main Street hill, Zoll Street. Turn left into the second drive way and you'll see the Deer Park straight ahead adjacent to Jean Jardine Park.
More Harbor Springs Info...
- 10 Top Attractions in Harbor Springs
- M-119 Tunnel of Trees from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
- Harbor Springs History Museum
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
- The Andrew J. Blackbird Museum
- Harbor Springs Art Galleries Entice Art Lovers
- The Little Traverse Lighthouse on Harbor Point
- Business Properties Available in Harbor Springs
- Travel Information for Harbor Springs in Northern Michigan
- Little Traverse Conservancy
- Learning to Sail--Little Traverse Sailors
- Tour the Little Traverse Lighthouse
- Fall Foliage Color Tour on M-119--Spectacular!
- Great Lakes Glass Pumpkin Patch
- History Abounds in Harbor Springs
- Downtown Harbor Springs on Lake Michigan
- Visit the Deer Park in Harbor Springs
- Harbor Springs - A Northern Michigan Classic!
- Fall in Harbor Springs
- Harbor Springs by Water
- Visitor Information while Visiting Harbor Springs
The Great Outdoors in Northern Michigan...
- Discover the Lighthouses of Northern Michigan
- Parks Aplenty in the Petoskey Area
- Petoskey State Park
- Petoskey's Bear River Valley Recreation Area
- Petoskey's Bear River Whitewater Park
- Explore the Dark Sky Park Discovery Trail Near Mackinaw City
- Kid's Fishing Pond in Petoskey
- Searching for Petoskey Stones in Northern Michigan
- Disc Golf Up North in Michigan
- Bike the Little Traverse Wheelway from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix
- The Oden State Fish Hatchery Provides Fish for Lakes & Streams
- Kayaking Up North Is The Best!
- Sailing in Northern Michigan for Adults & Kids
- Hike and Bike the North Country Trail
- Boyne City Outdoor Activities
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
- Ride the Breezeway Scenic Highway Between Atwood & Boyne Falls
- Up North Outdoor Activities--Hiking, Biking, Golfing, Boating, Sailing, Skiing--It's All Here!
- Visit Young State Park on Lake Charlevoix Near Boyne City
- Arch Rock - A Natural Wonder on Mackinac Island
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in Northern Michigan:
Harbor Springs, Michigan -- Harbor Springs is the place to try new things! Rent a bike or a kayak, go snow tubing, attend a concert or an art fair, or play a round of golf with friends.
Petoskey -- There's so much to do in Petoskey from the Bear River Valley Recreation Area, to Petoskey State Park, to biking, golfing, hiking, and more.
Charlevoix, Michigan -- Visiting Charlevoix in Northern Michigan is a fun-filled vacation with great beaches, boating, skiing, fishing and year 'round family fun.
Things to Do in Boyne City, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like Boyne City in Northern Michigan with camping, boating, skiing, year 'round outdoor activities, and of course, the morel mushroom!
Lots of Activities in Mackinaw City, Michigan -- Explore Mackinaw City in Northern Michigan for history, the International Dark Sky Park, and outdoor activities.
Mackinac Island -- Take a step back in time and find lots of things to do when you visit Mackinac Island by horseback or bike--no cars allowed!
Northern Michigan Activities & Things to Do -- Northern Michigan offers many fun things to do for the entire family whatever the season, whatever the reason!