Geocaching in Northern Michigan
Geocachers, get ready. Northern Michigan is a treasure of great geocaching opportunities.
Geocaching, a real-world, treasure hunting game that has devoted followers across the world. The hunters use GPS-enabled devices and navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates using the Internet to find the coordinates. Then the hunters head to the location to find the geocache container hidden at that location. Inside the containers are trinkets and the hunters take one and leave one of their own and sign the log book.
Guidelines are simple: if you take something from the cache, leave something, and don't damage the environment. To find nearby geocaches, enter a zipcode here Geocache Coordinates and the list of treasure spots will give you many Northern Michigan hunts to locate.
Northern Michigan's many geocache spots may combine hiking, birding, wildlife and wildflower sighting, and more. There are several active Up North geocaching clubs. Visiting geocachers love Up North treasure hunting. There are dozens and dozens of caches hidden around Northern Michigan the hunting is a great family activity. Get out the GPS and go hunting!
The Great Outdoors
- Discover the Lighthouses of Northern Michigan
- Parks Aplenty in the Petoskey Area
- Petoskey State Park
- Petoskey's Bear River Valley Recreation Area
- Petoskey's Bear River Whitewater Park
- Explore the Dark Sky Park Discovery Trail Near Mackinaw City
- Kid's Fishing Pond in Petoskey
- Searching for Petoskey Stones in Northern Michigan
- Disc Golf Up North in Michigan
- Bike the Little Traverse Wheelway from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix
- The Oden State Fish Hatchery Provides Fish for Lakes & Streams
- Kayaking Up North Is The Best!
- Sailing in Northern Michigan for Adults & Kids
- Hike and Bike the North Country Trail
- Boyne City Outdoor Activities
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
- Ride the Breezeway Scenic Highway Between Atwood & Boyne Falls
- Up North Outdoor Activities--Hiking, Biking, Golfing, Boating, Sailing, Skiing--It's All Here!
- Visit Young State Park on Lake Charlevoix Near Boyne City
- Arch Rock - A Natural Wonder on Mackinac Island